Sunday, November 15, 2015

Time for holiday jewelry making?

Wow, I'm not sure how it got to be the middle of November already, especially when I'm still trying to wear flip flops and boycotting closed toe shoes...

But, here we are and it's time to get busy!

While gathering up beads to play with for inspiration, it occurred to me I should also do a quick search on A Bead A Day for project ideas.

Is it wrong for me to say how much I love something I made? I promise you it's not from an egotistical place, it's from a place of awe that I received the inspiration for something more unique than I would normally make.

I LOVE it when the beads tell me what to do and this is a classic example of that. I have made plenty of right angle weave designs, but none that had so many dangles and charms hanging from it.

When it was finished, I remember wondering how it happened. It was similar to redecorating a room. You go from store to store looking for little things that represent you and the style you're going for. When you put it all together, you wonder how it was possible it all worked so well together.

I think it's magic...but that's probably because I don't know the technical term for it. Any idea?

Happy holiday jewelry making! If you're interested in instructions for this one, put your email address in the comments and I'll send them to you. OR, email me. :)


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Such a pretty necklace. Would love to have the instructions.

Carolyn
Carolynscreations@live.com

http://pinkelstar.com/ said...

This is an awesome winter necklace! Colors are cold and it shines like a snow. Great job!